There is plenty of resume help available to you on the internet. Many services offer a resume guide, and explain the basics of preparing a resume. Detail information such as resume action words and power verbs are even provided.
No matter what resources you seek, there are always certain basics for resume preparation. These basics will help you in the job of condensing your life into a defined format.
1. You are going to write on no more than two (2) sheets of paper your career history.
2. Center your name, address, phone number and email at the top of the 1st page. (Left side justify this if you are submitting your resume via fax or email). Include your name at the top of every other page.
3. Decide the type of job you are applying for and then write your resume with that position in mind.
4. If you decided to include an objective at the beginning of your resume, reference the type of employment you are seeking.
5. List your education, and/or any training that is applicable. Include location of the schools or training facilities so references can be checked.
6. List in chronological order your employment history, starting with the most recent. Include dates of employment, employer’s name and location, and position. Provide a brief description of your responsibilities, highlighting achievements and successes. Be consistent in your format in this job history.
7. Remember to use industry jargon or buzzwords in your descriptions. Since most resumes are handled electronically, include “keywords” that can be highlighted during a search.
8. Provide Additional Qualifications or Skills that can be valuable in a work environment. These can include “hard skills” (such as computer training) or “soft skills” (such as leadership seminars).
9. State “References to be provided upon request” at the end. Be sure you have some positive qualified references ready to provide!
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links:
home | Resume Writing | Resume Services |Resume Posting | Resume Software |Resume Cover Letters